2 storey extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me an approx cost of getting a 2 storey extension on the end on my semi. It would be approx 3m wide and 7m long. Garage on the bottom with door,window and couple of power sockets, and bedroom on the top with door, couple of windows, few power sockets, light and radiator.
I've asked a few builders but get the answer "I would have to see the plans"
I'm just looking for a rough cost to see if it's within my budget, but they can't (or won't) tell me whether it's going to cost £10k, £20k, £30k or more.
Has anyone else had something similar done?
Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much it would cost.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
I obtained “to plan” estimates for building a similar sized 1st floor bedroom extension with en-suite & new access stairs, partly over an existing single garage & single story extension so it did not involve too much work at ground floor level. The average was quote was £25k. I have not yet proceeded with it so don’t know how accurate it will turn out to be – I would budget on £30k to be safe.

Sponsored Links
it depends a lot on where you live,this sized extension is going to cost more to have built in london than it would in say 'newcastle'.no offence intended newcastle,but that is just the way it is,the easy way to rough guess it is to allow somewhere between £700 and £1000 per cubic metre of the extension.

Neighbour had one done some 3 year ago now and that was........£30k..that`s a Sussex price by a good builder (and a brilliant plumber, who did the kitchen and cloakroom ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back