2 way bathroom switch`s

You need to replicate this-
119000_118153_58832_61647723.jpg

It worked, didn't it?
Why would you think to do it differently?

Sponsored Links
blue`s are actually neutral i connected them together and the two yellows to com

and the two reds to L1

fan works now but does not switch off

i am using the same switches which where there in the first place when they worked

the fan is on a separate circuit to the light

this switch now works

the other one

is connected red to L1 and yellow to L2 neutral blues connected together

i assume either 1 of the red or yellow wires has to go to com ?

Sponsored Links
after trying various ways

the switch in each room will either switch it on or off , but you can`t turn it off if you have switched it on from the other room.

i give up

I can't see how it ever worked as you want.

Can you tell us which cable goes where from the junction box.

You have a two-way switch in the second picture - that doesn't make sense.

you need to wire it with two double-pole (not two-way) switches as in Owain's diagram.

I can't see how it ever worked as you want.

Can you tell us which cable goes where from the junction box.

You have a two-way switch in the second picture - that doesn't make sense.

you need to wire it with two double-pole (not two-way) switches as in Owain's diagram.

this fan is shared between a main bathroom and ensuite , each room had it`s own switch to switch it on or off not via a light switch , i am pretty sure you could switch it on or off from either room regardless which one you switched it on from.

the neutrals are there i think because both switches originally has neon indicators now i only have one fitted with the neon.

i would assume this is a two way light switch circuit with a fan instead of the light ?

As already stated it would help if you told us where all the cables from that junction box goto.

And also another picture of the junction box from the top.

Where does the fan connect to ? The switch ? and does it have an overrun timer ?

As already stated it would help if you told us where all the cables from that junction box goto.

And also another picture of the junction box from the top.

Where does the fan connect to ? The switch ? and does it have an overrun timer ?

i honestly think it would be easier to start again with this circuit

i will take it all back to the spur socket in the loft and start again

what is the simplest circuit i can do to operate the fan from both bathrooms ?

i have either 2 way pull cords or the double pole one`s with neutral etc

you could be right with that one!

But you are still going to have to identify where the cables go to rewire it, so you many as well identify them now and give us a chance before ripping it apart.

here you go

i dont understand why there is the thinner cable with the neutral disconnected that goes to the yellow cables in junction box and then the com on the pull switch :confused:

So one cable goes straight from one switch to the other then.
If that's the case.

Connect the blues together.

On the cable that comes from the other switch connect

L1 to red
L2 to yellow

Then on the cable between the junction box and switch connect red to COM. (supply)
The yellow would have been for the neon so leave disconnected.

See if that makes the existing neon switch on and off with the switches.
If the fan has a timer the fan could coninute running.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back