Pull cord switch with neon 6A

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if a standard 6A pull cord switch is available with an on/off neon indicator?

It's to switch a bathroom fan with overrun timer so that the user can be sure the switch is in the off position.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
If its for the fan only, you can use a Momentary pullcord, this will activate the timer and cannot be left on

The Crabtree 16amp double pole pull switch with neon maybe a solution.

I assume you want to the pull cord to only activate the fan, and NOT the light, and still have the timer function on the fan.

To make it function the way you want it to, the supply live would go to L IN, all the neutrals in N OUT, the fan live to L OUT.

Assuming I have understood everything correctly, it's worth remembering this switch will not offer 3 pole isolation to the live, switch live and neutral at the fan - if you want this you will have to insert a 3 pole fan switch - but it's not particularly important IMO.

You can buy 3 pole fan isolator pull switches, these have a mechanical indicator in case there is no neutral.
ASCS3PIF.JPG

You can get a 3 pole pull switch with a neon. I think it's made by Click - not sure.

Can't remember if the neon is on the permanent live or switched live - doesn't matter though as you can decide which wire goes where.

I don't think a 3 pole pull switch wired in the conventional manner will do what you want it to do, but can certainly be used if you connect it up a certain way.

Thanks for all the helpful replies, will check wiring in my pull switch tonight. Currently when turning off the extractor after a shower it runs on for 10 mins. Sometimes family are forgetting if they have turned off so extractor is left running on and on!

My manrose fan has a humidity sensor. Useful for the overrun after the shower.

Takes some adjustment to get perfection.
I use light switch to trigger while in shower

No neutral, so no way to have an indicator lamp.

Is there a neutral we can't see in the photo? You need to have one to have an indicator lamp.

What sort of shower do you have, and how much wiring work are you prepared to do?

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back