2 way lighting on 3 gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there had a quick question as im currently putting in a new light switch for a conservatory in the house .....

currently we have a 2 gang kitchen switch which does one kitchen light and 1 outdoor light ...

I plan to put in a 3 gang switch in the conservatory which will switch another outdoor light , the conservatory spots and the existing kitchen light which joins onto the conservatory...

So what im asking is can I just add a 3 core cable to the kitchen switch which just has a switched live and a permanent live goin up to the light and link the common to the common on one of the new conservatory switches contained on the 3 gang ...It prob is a stupid question the other 1 way switches in both rooms im fine with just wanted to make sure on this first

cheers lads

Sponsored Links
There's a seperate feed from the board coming into the conservatory switch that im going to use thanks for your help pal...

Sponsored Links
The kitchen is on a different circuit and is not going to feed the switches for the conservatory or outside light just the kitchen switch which is part of the 3 gang.

so 2 of the switches on the 3 gang would have their own feed and one of the switches would just be 2 way with the kitchen switch this seems the easiest method as the only other way would be 2 take all wiring out in kitchen and loop feed into Kitchen switch then out to second switch so everything in kitchen is on same circuit but is this necessary this honestly is for my father in law and was supposed to be a handy enough job ....cheers again for your advice If its too dodgy than fair enough I would clearly mark all cables

Don't see anything about changing three gang switch to two-way three gang. I assume it is currently one-way?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back