2 week old baby daughter and a baxi barcelona !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly Greetings to everybody here.

I came across this forum yesterday and can't believe I didn't find it last year when I first had "trouble"
I too have the dreaded barcelona boiler (it was already here when I moved in nearly three years ago)
Last year it wouldn't ignite due to the ignition pcb (dry joints?)
Once I had replaced this we were all good.
We have had the associated bangs and from what I have read this is pretty normal, until yesterday.
Boiler keeps going into lockout, I reset it tries to fire up and nothing.
I took out the condensate trap which was nearly full, emptied it and cleaned it out. This didn't have any sensors on it, they are just loose.
As I don't know what I am doing apart from stripping it, this is all I can do.
When I reset I get these noises in order
ignition
fan
switches on board ( this happens several times and then lock out )

reading the threads on this boiler yesterday have helped me to understand that this boiler is not very good.
I have got bg out to have a look today and they are coming back tomorrow with a new control board, flow switch and electrodes ( bg man said it was weird that ignition was starting before fan ) I still don't know how he came to the conclusion that it is the control board. He also said that pressure coming into boiler was a little too high (24?) and that Transco would be able to turn it down.
I'll keep you posted on the progress with bg

As I have a 2 week old daughter I really need to get this sorted asap.
what sort of price am I looking at for installing a new reliable boiler?
Any advice or offers of service would be appreciated :D

Sponsored Links
Why not let him come back tomorrow and fit the parts and then see if it works?....sounds like the control board to me with those wierd symptoms, but the flow switch is a well known troublesome component. Presume this visit is called on call assistance, in which case the price you are paying won't even cover the cost of the parts, let alone labour. If I had a barcelona I think I would go on service contract ;) (actually I have got one, happily rotting away in the garden. I'd rather stick with my 30 year old potterton flamingo)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back