2 weeks waiting time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. After tiling my bathroom, do i really need to wait 2 weeks to use it regardless the adhesive i have used? BTW it is not a wet room! I will be using Mapei Keraflex Maxi and the bathroom will have bathtub and shower above the bathtub but not shower cubical. Thank you for answering.

Sponsored Links
BS 5385 requires 2 weeks.
Cement based products set by chemical reaction, which takes time to occur.

Sponsored Links
again we hit the british standards argument

its all booollocks

next time you quote a customer that youre doing a bathroom dont forget to mention that once youre done they cant take a shower for 2 weeks..

ill come next day and get that job.

thanks

Hi guys and thanks for answering. My intention is to leave the tiles ungrouted for 4 days so that i give the adhesive time to go off and then i grout and leave it for another couple of days. Is it reasonable enough? BTW on Mapei Keraflex Maxi it is mentioned 2 weeks curing time on other Mapei products like Rapid Set there is no mention of curing time. Do you know why? Thanks again for your time.

its all b*****s

next time you quote a customer that youre doing a bathroom dont forget to mention that once youre done they cant take a shower for 2 weeks..

thanks

And never get a recommendation from that customer as your work fails. You either do it right or wrong, people come here doing DIY work, they usually want to do the job to the best of their abilities and do a good job, following guidelines, regulations and manufacturers instructions is common sense and good practice.

Hi guys and thanks for answering. My intention is to leave the tiles ungrouted for 4 days so that i give the adhesive time to go off and then i grout and leave it for another couple of days. Is it reasonable enough? BTW on Mapei Keraflex Maxi it is mentioned 2 weeks curing time on other Mapei products like Rapid Set there is no mention of curing time. Do you know why? Thanks again for your time.

its all b*****s

thanks

And never get a recommendation from that customer as your work fails. You either do it right or wrong, people come here doing DIY work, they usually want to do the job to the best of their abilities and do a good job, following guidelines, regulations and manufacturers instructions is common sense and good practice.

hahahahahaha i dont advertise anymore, dont need to, word of mouth is all the advertising i need. but thanks for your concern.

as for waiting even 4 days to grout, not necessary.

grout it next day after tiling. trust me, ive done enough to know it'll be fine.

but if you want to go for the BS way, take the 2 weeks, grout it, then wait another 2 weeks, just incase.

grout after 24hours unless says different on adhesive instuctions then you are suposed to wait 2 weeks before using the shower i take it is going to be tanked or have you used backerboards ?

Hi guys and thanks for your time. No backboards and I was not going to tank the Walls either. I have been told that since it is not a wet room and only just a bathtub I can get away with it. But I am priming the walls with acrylic primer.

Hi guys and thanks for your time. No backboards and I was not going to tank the Walls either. I have been told that since it is not a wet room and only just a bathtub I can get away with it. But I am priming the walls with acrylic primer.

if you're having a shower over the bath best to tank. if not no worries.

Kera maxi.....24hrs before grouting then if your getting paid,tell client 14days...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back