2 Windows £834

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ok sorry to ask this but I cant face another double glazing salesman, had 3 companies in for a quotes, each stayed ages took for ever to give me a quote, they all wanted to put a sign out side you house, all wanted to call their manager and all wanted a decision there and then, and quotes ranged from £834 to £1350.

Im after two double glazed windows, fitted, dims are 1x w1050 / h1300 none opening, 1x w1050 / H1650 (split in middle horisontal and opens)
best price is £834 fitted does that sound reasonable ?

I know I shouldnt ask questions but there inital quotes started nearly double then halfed, so to be honest dont have a clue, totally confused

Sponsored Links
its a common sales pitch offer it at double the price and then give 50% off, idea being you think you are getting 50% off

breezer said:
its a common sales pitch offer it at double the price and then give 50% off, idea being you think you are getting 50% off

Thats what I thought, to be honest I thought the tactics they all used were so well known by joe public they wouldnt try it on, I felt patronised that they could think I was so stupied, I just wanted to do business, in the end I didnt go with any of them. First time Ive dealt with double glazing sales man and I was shocked and angered :rolleyes:

never foprget the time we had some "kid" round for a new kitchen quote, we said how much we could afford and his quote was 1.5 times as much, mind you he did do a nice drawing

Sponsored Links
ok try turning the situatoin on its head

go into your local glazier that does D G ask them how much 2 windows D G to your spec [pilklintons k ect] would cost
and how much to fit

nowt to loose :LOL: :LOL: ;)

£834 isn't too bad at all. Dependant on quality of window and interior/exterior finishings.

£1000 per window isn't that uncommon amongst the big DG companies

Try a couple of the small local DG companies in your area; for windows that size you should be able to get quotes of £280-£300 installed for a good quality window (Rahau, Swift etc.) with FENSA registration. The large national companies charge high prices, invariably use the same windows & the installation quality is not necessarily any better as they tend to use local self employed, local fitters!

Try a couple of the small local DG companies in your area; for windows that size you should be able to get quotes of £280-£300 installed for a good quality window (Rahau, Swift etc.) with FENSA registration. The large national companies charge high prices, invariably use the same windows & the installation quality is not necessarily any better as they tend to use self employed, local fitters!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back