2 x 6mm cable in 25mm conduit?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
This will give you the information. But note that this relates to singles, not T&E.

The table has no factor for a run of 10metre 25mm conduit with three bends. So the answer is probably

no, don’t be silly. Conduit is really for singles, not sheathed cables.

A couple of bends.
No chance.

The only way that could happen is if someone shoehorned the cables into the conduit while the conduit was being assembled, which is entirely the wrong thing to do.
Won't comply anyway as T&E cables crammed together in conduit will have a significantly reduced current rating.

No chance.

The only way that could happen is if someone shoehorned the cables into the conduit while the conduit was being assembled, which is entirely the wrong thing to do.
Won't comply anyway as T&E cables crammed together in conduit will have a significantly reduced current rating.

Thanks

10metres and 2 bends seems a bit odd, do they need to be in conduit

Sorry will explain

it’s two feeds. One for hot tub and other for garden building. Plan is to run conduit along the fence/gravel board.

I also have two coaxial cables and a network cable going up there too which will be in another conduit.

Distribution board is in integral garage at the front of the house. 2 x 6mm cables have already been run to a large weatherproof box outside the garage to the side of the house. Plan is to dig up the path from box to fence. About 3 feet. Then bring cable back out beside fence/gravel board in conduit and run along the fence/gravel board to location.

10metres and 2 bends seems a bit odd, do they need to be in conduit

T&E cable is not suitable for burial, including when in conduit.
That's obviously the official answer, and the advice we must give.

However, in passing, the only true issue seems to be that of (the lack of) 'mechanical protection'. Not so long ago I removed (and replaced with SWA) some (imperial) PVC T+E which had been buried directly (i.e. no conduit or anything) for in excess of 30 years (I have no idea exactly how long). It was still 'working fine', showed no visible signs of mechanical damage/deterioration and IRd fine at 1000V.

I also somewhere have some DIY books from the 70s (maybe even 80s) which recommend burying T+E (or flex) in hosepipe!!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back