2 x texecom 3 bellbox overload power supply 500ma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

i have a galant alarm panel and want to add another texecom3 bellbox to my system.
Looking at panel spec it only has 500ma protection for bellboxes

I have another 12v 1a power supply i can fit in the box

but what are the connections to actual feed an additional bellbox from this new power supply , doesnt it have to be powered by main pcb bell connections???

thanks

Sponsored Links
Just set your second bell box to scb inside , it will take the ring current for the internal battery

hi
i originally did think that route
but bells output of panel is 500ma
and have read somewhere one texecom odyssey 3 bellbox pulls 500ma alone
and in scb mode 290ma

so with both running will be overloaded surely??

Sponsored Links
hi
I also have an internal sounder
and because i have this new power supply and am not afraid to use it!
and if both bells can run sab mode i will.

how would i connect my new power supply so one bellbox runs off this new power supply??

thanks

12v + to one bell then link the 0v to control panel 0v..... But I think you will be fine with 2 bells as long as you make on scb...

SCB mode uses about 30mA from the panel rest from the battery at the bellbox end.

Quiescent:18mA

Strobe:100mA

SAB LC SCB

E Models: 285mA 160mA 30mA

Non E Models: 405mA 190mA 30mA

Total draw in alarm:- 18 + 100mA + SAB/LC/SCB

If using SCB, thats a positive trigger.
So the question would both bells are using the same trigger wire then both would have to be set to either SCB/SAB and the bell trigger at the Panel to corresponding SCB/SAB or one device would be permanently activated?

Hoover
Can you elaborate on that pls
I am planning to put both bellboxes in sab mode but supply the second bellbox with the secondary power supply
The triggers wont be affected will they?[/quote]

Sorry but he is talking out of his backside ! When you use a texecom bell box it does NOT need a positive trigger ! If set to scb the old school scb units eg Aritech was a constant - to the bell trigger removed in alarm making the bell ring from the internal battery , normally a 7.0ah..

................................I am planning to put both bellboxes in sab mode but supply the second bellbox with the secondary power supply ...............
Why? That's not the correct way to do it.

Sparky told you the correct way.

apparently the SAB and SCB triggers aren't inverted when you change the mode from the panel and I have been under the illusion they do.

When I have measured them in the past could have sworn thats what i was getting. As the bells come set up for SAB, I have had it where I connect the system up for the first time bell continuously running and one not, and it came down to one jumper set sab one scb, the scb bell ringing, moved the jumper to sab and problem solved. So this is not the case is what you are saying.

Can you elaborate on my confusion may be I have missed something fundamental.

A secondary power supply if the panel cant support the extra unit is fine or change the mode of the bell box to use less power.

I will be setting this up later just to ensure I am not going mad!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back