2000 Ford Focus ZX3 Starting issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago my car got stuck. We used my girlfriend's 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 to pull it out. It had a bad O2 sensor but it worked fine. When I pulled her car out of the driveway and parked it on the side of the road, it went dead. I went back to start it and it will not turn over at all. The starter and relay do click but it's not like any other time I've had a starter go out. We even went to Auto Zone and replaced the relay and it still won't crank. I'm at a loss. It doesn't try and turn over. you turn the key and it clicks once. It will click up to 3 times, then it stops. I've tried resetting the Inertia Switch and still no luck. At first I thought it was the Anti-theft system but when the key is turned, the light will turn on for a few seconds then turn off. I went into the ignition console and unplugged the green connector and the Anti-Theft light blinks. I plugged it back in and back to square one. If anyone could, please help.

Sponsored Links
No power to the starter, due to a bad connection, probably on the battery terminals?

Or the battery is flat, did you try jump leads from another car?

If still stuck, connect a bulb, or voltmeter down at the starter, you should have just below battery voltage (10V'ish) even when you hit the key for a start.

Sponsored Links
Back