2002 Toyota Corolla T3 1.6 auto.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need a bit of info on the above car please; does it have a cam belt or chain? If it is a belt, what are the recommended mileage change times? Any untoward problems to look out for? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Autodata list this one as having a chain - single row. Sorry I can't help with the car though, but the engine should be rattle free (timing chains do need changing on occasion and replacements are listed.)
Sticking my neck out maybe, but Toyota auto transmissions are one of the best, and the engine oil should be clean when dipped.....likewise the motors are usually oil tight.
What sort of mileage are you looking at?
John :)

Thanks John, I knew you would be along fella. Mileage has just hit 98k, 1 old Lady owner from new, Full Toyota Main Dealer service history. This came into our bodyshop needing repairs to both o/s doors and rear bumper, it was uneconomical repair wise so she sold it to us as it was, its now repaired and I will probably buy it off my boss and use it as my workhorse to replace my old 206. The spare has not even been used on the Toyota!!

It sounds like a good car mate.....I have to admit, auto transmissions do spook me and the only thing I can do is to change the transmission oil and filter for peace of mind.
Good luck if you go for it!
John :)

Sponsored Links
With a full Toyota history I hope this is not the case, will have a look at the dip stick Mon morn.

Back