2004 EU Freedom of Movement Law - Never implemented

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...2004.158.01.0077.01.ENG&toc=OJ:L:2004:158:TOC

So I looked into the Law regarding the Freedom of Movement to see how open or restrictive it was.

1) An EU citizen may enter the country unless you have reason to deny entry.
2) Within 3 months they must register that they are either working, or sustaining themselves and not a burden on the state.
3) After 3 months an EU state can deport the citizen and then deny them entry again.

So guess what was needed to implement this? Entry and Exit checks.

So we had a labour Government for 6 years between 2004 and 2010 - 5 Home secretaries - and from 2010-2016 Theresa May was Home Secretary.

So that's 6 years of Labour and 7 years of Conservative Government that failed to implement EU policies.

Sponsored Links

woody has no interest in the management of people entering and leaving the country.

Except that he moans about it constantly.

It must be that woody has no interest in anything factual or sensible.

Yes, that's it.

Sponsored Links
More facts for you you

fg2e6f6556fc7c44i00030000478f6020.png

Come on Wood, living in denial, makes you the easiest mark on the planet.

1) An EU citizen may enter the country unless you have reason to deny entry.
2) Within 3 months they must register that they are either working, or sustaining themselves and not a burden on the state.
3) After 3 months an EU state can deport the citizen and then deny them entry again.
1) I think everyone knows that.
2) Or what? No one knows they are here so they will be unable to claim benefits, which some think they all do?
3) How many have been or are being deported?

So I looked into the law of averages to see how open or restrictive it was.

1) An forum member may post into the forum unless the mods have reason to deny entry.
2) Within 3 posts they must post something interesting that is either new, or novel and not a rehash of the same old crap
3) After 3 posts on the same crap, another forum member can fall asleep and die of boredom and then deny them of any respect again.

Both main parties spent a long time passing their own failings off as the big nasty EU’s fault... kind of back fired now!

Quite a lot of the EU laws were optional, and there was always the French option to ignore the rest ;)

How would that help?

Better and more accurate stats would have helped implementation of existing policies when it came to deportation and proactive management of overstayers.

It is not the role of landlords, NHS etc to do the job of the Home Office.

Sponsored Links
Back