2013 Fiesta 1.5 TDCi Duratorq fuel filter change

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are they the same as the Bora TDI, I.E. fill the new one with diesel before fitting?

Going to fit a Mann brand, WK9046z

Sponsored Links
Definitely, get it as brim as you can, give the fuel time to soak through the paper element.
Exactly where the use of a stainless steel cream jug comes in to play - but best not to say anything :LOL:
John :)

0.6L of diesel from the filling station is my MO, I just use a 1L oil tub. At least that's what works for the Bora TDIs.

I'm doing the change since I'm on with oil and filter cause the 'Service Due' in on. Does that go off by itself when the service is done?

Sadly no, but you'll probably get what you need from the handbook or YouTube.....Some cars need a reset tool but I'm unsure about this one.

Sponsored Links
Sorted, not quite!

Got the Mann filter delivered today and in my opinion its not genuine Mann.

Every Mann filter I've used had the print embossed on the can. This one has a label stuck on and not even straight.

One of the screw dowels on the top is also has a slight lean on it so getting the screw fixing in may be a hassle.

Sending it back!!

A local factor has Purflux brand in stock.

Is that the ones that take the three torx screws (TX15 I think?) yep, they need to be straight.
Not one of Fords finest designs but its foolproof enough. One little tip when removing the two diesel hoses on the top.....push the coloured strip button well in, then push and turn the pipe carefully just a bit before pulling them off. Ive had a couple of those couplings dismantle themselves so Im always cautious!

Is there not a motor factor near you - where you can inspect the item? I would have thought you are using enough parts now to make your visit worthwhile.....!
My personal favourite for after market parts is always Blueprint - not one failure or doubt to date.

Yes, may source from local factors in the future.

Just convenient getting the part no from the manufacturer website, plugging into ebay and getting good prices.

The seller in this case assured me a while back that they are one of the biggest Mann sellers in the UK.
I'll wait for their reply but I'm certainly not happy with the filter they've sent.

There's a Blue Print seller on ebay but they reckon there isn't a listed fuel filter for the car.

Bosch fuel and Blue Print oil available at a local factor but for £23 all in, I think they've priced the wrong ones over the phone.

It'll work out right in the end!

Oil/filter done!

A fiddley filter indeed but got it done. The filter bowl has a hole at the lower side for the spigot on the filter to slot into. I'm advised that its to allow oil to drain into the sump when the filter's pulled out.

Fuel filter still to do. Got too cold to get on!

Have come across Hengst filters. The Hengst for this car looks better than the Mann filter.

If the oil filter is anything like the Transit Duratorq - i.e the bowl is underneath - its undone a few turns until a notch appears in the filter bowl to let the oil out.....saves you getting a sleeve full!

Its the same configuration as the Bora TDI but on an angle. The oil clinging to the paper is the only hassle so kitchen or loo roll underneath for the drip drip.

Its easy enough change but I think it'd be better if the adjacent air box is unbolted and moved out the way for better access.

Sponsored Links
Back