Diesel fuel filters..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I don't work on a lot of cars (mostly our own).

Did a Diesel filter change today and was wondering if the old one looks "normal" or if it's never been done before?, cars ticked over to 70,000 miles recently, coming up 7 years old.

I was genuinely surprised at the colour of it, Mann was the OEM fitment and they look identical.

20200202_152736.jpg
20200202_142023.jpg

Sponsored Links
I reckon thats about the norm, Keith.....my filters come out black too, but I’d never leave them for 70k.
I have noticed that remote bulkhead mounted filters keep cleaner but one mounted on the block changes colour....maybe heat plays a part.
30k maximum for me, 20k if its an easy change.
John :)

Cheers John, it is block mounted. It "should" have been replaced before we bought the car (50,000 miles) but given all the other bother I doubt anyone's touched it.

Loads of people have had starting problems after replacing them but I can't see why really, bought a Priming bulb just in case thought!

Good old Evans Halshaw, wouldn't give them the steam off my p1ss..

20200202_143353.jpg

Sponsored Links
Mann was the OEM for the filter, they even made the filter housing.

Mann was the OEM for the filter, they even made the filter housing.

At next filter change compare the Mann filter prices between the local main dealer and your nearest Andrew Page branch. I can't comment on ECP, I've never purchased from them.

The best prices I've come across for Mann filters is Parts2Clear who sell on ebay and claim to buy direct from Mann Hummel.

Euro Car parts wanted £34!.

ASAP (formerly Andrew Pages) delivered one in their van to my work for £19.60 which I was happy with.

Will have a look at that website later on thanks for the link!.

Back