2013 Fiesta rear lamp removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If its of any help to anyone, the rear lamps have the standard two screw fix on the outside but there’s additional plastic wing nut behind which is accessible after pulling back the tailgate rubber and carpet.

Had to change both side/stop bulbs as the stop was blown on both.

I spent 10 minutes trying pry the lamps out after I’ve removed the outside screws. My nephew’s 2012 Punto was the same bother but they did come out with screwdriver persuasion.

When the lamps on the Fiesta wouldn’t release, it was time for the book and the discovery of the hidden nut.

What’s wrong with simple design?

Henry Ford will be turning in his grave!

The Fiesta also has x2 fuse blocks as well, within a foot of each other, either side of the bulkhead.

Sponsored Links
The inner wing nut is to prevent the unit from being nicked, unfortunately :eek:
Sign of the times, I guess. I've had to fix two cars number plates with pop rivets this year - they were nicked, stuck on another car which did a runner at a petrol station :(
John :)

Thanks John!

When I did my nephew's 2012 Punto a while back to replace the lamp unit, cause of the faulty LED sidelight, it was a bother to get out but eventually did yield.

Just as well I decided to look in the book this time for hidden screws.

Anyway once discovered, with the hidden screw removed, changing the bulbs is easy enough, just a lot of faff and fidget.

To compound it, I got a pack of x10 Lucas brand side/stop bulbs a while back and the first one I tried with the meter for this job, the stop element was no go - a dud bulb!

Any way, job done, a bit more knowledge acquired and the car radio now tuned to the owner's favorite station.

The 'infotainment' system - apparently the most important thing to consider when choosing a new car - really drives me nuts.
No CD player, everything comes from an SD card, which I call a Shreddie. 'Er indoors has connected something called an MP4, so I'm bombarded with noise from someone called Taylor Swift, whom I presume is female. I've no idea how to disconnect it.
All I want is Radio 2 or 4, depending on the time of day!
John :)

Sponsored Links
I find it hard to believe a man of your intelligence can't get Radio 2 in a Ford Fiesta.....

Back