21 day ownership before p.p

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just bought a house and would like to move a fence but i know i need pp.

But it seems i need to wait 21 days before i can apply for pp

Any one know if this is "written in stone" or can i apply straight away??

Many thanks Jon

Sponsored Links
It's an anomaly with the certificate. You have to sign a certificate that says; ...'on the day 21 days before the date of this application'... That means you can't sign it until you have owned the property for 21 days.

There is an alternative. You can sign certificate B instead. But that means you have to give requisite notice to whoever owned the property 21 days before the date of the application - i.e. the previous owner. Probably easier to hang on for 21 days innit?

Why do you need pp to move a fence?

Is it taller than 2m or next to the highway?

Sponsored Links
Ya probably right just want to enclose the garden asap for the dog but guess it is easier to wait another few weeks was just hoping to find that everyone ignored this particular rule!!!

Its just under 2m but yeah it runs along side the pavement beside the road so unfortunately its gonna cost me £150 for the privelage to move my own fence on my own land!!

Thanks for the replies
Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back