22mm Copper Pipe into McAlpine R17 Reducer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Is anyone able to confirm whether 22mm copper pipe will form a water tight seal into the McAlpine R17 reducer which is stated to have a 19mm/23mm universal connector - please see attached screen capture from their catalogue.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi

Not installed yet - I just want to make sure that I can successfully connect the 22mm copper pipe to this fitting.

I don’t think McAlpine would claim 19 to 23mm if it wouldn’t work properly on pipe with an OD within those parameters.

Sponsored Links
Those sizes are intended for waste water uses and not at mains water pressures.

What are you using it for as 22 mm copper is unusual for that application.

Tony

Lets wait for the OP to tell us.

Then we will reply that copper should not be used for condensate pipes!

But surely no respected builder would ever make a mistake like that. In any case the gas registered boiler installer would have ensured that its done correctly.

Hi

I plan to have a 15L unvented hot water storage tank installed and I have seen on this site an installation where the 22mm copper pipe work from the pressure relief valve was connected in to an 40mm plastic waste pipe via a tundish and a Hep2o trap.

This would save have to drill a hole through the wall which has recently been rendered.

You need to use the correct adaptor from hep2o. It comes in a pack with the hepvo trap. This connects onto a 15/22 tundish which you will also need to buy as how else will you know if water is passing ? All the waste pipework from the hepvo valve should be push fit not solvent weld and to relevant BS for higher temperatures. Clipping should be every 300mm and no other services can use this outlet before it enters the soil stack.

http://hepworth.wavin.com/master/ma...middleTemplateName=oc_middle_product_detail_I

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back