22mm or 28mm direct from the meter.

Gentlemen thankyou for your information and comments,I gree with the last post that that there are cowboys out there and although not myself but some family members have unfortunatly been stung.That said I have been lucky and the professionals I have dealt with have been fantastic.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps I'll start asking for credit references and bank guarantees... far more rogue customers out there, but the BBC aren't interested in propagating that as there are more viewers for the other.

To measure a pressure loss of 1 mbar it is necessary to have a manometer which measures to an accuracy of 0.1 mbar.

Ask in the CC if you don't understand that.

Tony

Sponsored Links
yes tony i have access to the CC you are not a member of some exclusive club, I dont need to ask there, you are talking absolute crap as usual there is no reason whatsoever that you can not use a water filled manometer in this situation.

To measure a pressure loss of 1 mbar it is necessary to have a manometer which measures to an accuracy of 0.1 mbar.

Ask in the CC if you don't understand that.

Tony

Absolute rubbish, so next time you get your Gas safe inspection leave your U guage at home and take your electronic digital guage on the tube with you in your lightweight back pack while perving on all the ladies and explain to the inspector why you do not have the required equipmet to pass your inspection

Would you like to explain exactly how you would accurately measure the pressure loss in a gas supply to a boiler with a water gauge?

Tony

I appreciate that bud, but I am in agreement with Ian on this one. Measuring 1mbar on a water guage should not even be raised into question.

A digital manometer is only acceptable if you have a water guage to hand - based on my last inspection.

Perceptible movement on a water guage for TTs is 0.5. I could be wrong, but a dynamic test has no no published margin for error :?:

Hi all,Im thinking of installing a worchester bosch 42cdi in my kitchen on the extended side of my house.From the meter under the stairs to the position on the wall in the kitchen there is about a 2 to 2 half meter length.My question is whether the connecting pipe is ok at 22mm or should be 28mm as this would be quite a short run for the gas.
Any help would be much appriciated!

to answer your question, 22mm should be ok but it does need to be calculated and other appliances taken into account (speak to gas fitter doing the job). Also the capacity of the gas meter if you have other gas appliances.
I think I would be checking the incoming water main is suitable for the boiler. I have fitted these 'high output combi's' and the customer has upgraded the water main to supply (old supply is small lead pipe etc) most are ok but it is worth checking before you pay for a new boiler.

Perceptible movement on a water guage for TTs is 0.5. I could be wrong, but a dynamic test has no no published margin for error :confused:

The trainers at ACS centres, mostly ex BG, pretty much say that its accepted that the minimum that can be read on a water gauge is 0.25 mbar.

But I agree 0.5 mbar is about all that can be read with much degree of repeatability.

Therefore whichever accuracy you may subscribe to it will be impossible to measure a 1.0 mbar pressure loss with any significant accuracy with a water gauge.

Slightly more accurate if you do a diff measurement though.

Tony

Assuming it is calibrated of course ;).

You're looking for 1mBar or less. A greater than 1mBar drop will be patently obvious and show up nicely on a water gauge.

How do you calibrate your water gauge?

I must have been dozing during that part of the training!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back