22mm pipe bending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please can you tell me how to bend 22 mm copper pipes.

I have read various posts on here and have read various books but when trying to bend pipes i have to use alot of effert and all my weight just to get the pipe to bend.

what can i do to make it easyer to bend.

Iam using a cheap bender that i got from screw fix is this the problem.

or do you guys just use the spings

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem mate, just take your time and look to position one arm on the floor, on it's end so you can exert all effort on the other arm. Do it slowly and it won't ripple.

tom keane said:
please can you tell me how to bend 22 mm copper pipes.

I have read various posts on here and have read various books but when trying to bend pipes i have to use alot of effert and all my weight just to get the pipe to bend.

what can i do to make it easyer to bend.

Iam using a cheap bender that i got from screw fix is this the problem.

or do you guys just use the spings

I think you need to get down the Gym :LOL:

No seriously it doesnt matter if there cheap benders or expensive ones its still just as hard but muscles do help ;) you try 28mm bending if you think thats tough :rolleyes:

Extending the length of the arms of the bender helps the weak of muscle :LOL: Lengths of steel conduit can be used etc.

Sponsored Links
My screwfix bender needer the 22mm former filing significantly at one end. it was pinching the pipe which was making the ripples worse.

bending 22/28/35 a walk in the park tripod bender never struggle.size and strength have nothing to do with it experience and technique are what it is all about

bripl said:
bending 22/28/35 a walk in the park tripod bender never struggle.size and strength have nothing to do with it experience and technique are what it is all about

Agreed :confused: but i cant see a diy'er going out and buying a £200 tripod bender :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back