Sort of plumbing related... 22mm Bending

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK Is it me or does anyone else struggle bending 22mm copper pipe? I can start the bend off with one arm of the bender on the floor and doing it that way. Anyone strong enough to use just their arms? I do go to the gym but find this exercise impossible at the moment. Would love to use just the arms to bend it with just my arms! Feel like a weakling :LOL:

How do you guys get on?

Sponsored Links
i usually start the bend by pulling down on the 22mm lever side, then flip the machine over then push down on the other side, works for me

Yeah I also got a technique to get the bend round using floor/foot etc.. just wondered if anyone was strong enough to use just their arms? I'm sure its possible :cool:

Sponsored Links
Better not use a spring either you may hurt your week knees.. :LOL: :LOL:

Using new pipe and doing the full bend at one go helps...copper work hardens with age and working.
(I can't do it either...clamp the bender in a vice if poss) :confused:
John :)

When i was an apprentice no one in our college group could bend 22mm without using floor, even the big lads.

I still use floor to put bends in 22

i can do it, but i don't very often.
the secrets are new pipe and clean the guide and former regularly with a bit of abrasive tape. also don't have the nut joining the arms too tight

What a bunch of wimps :LOL: I use a hilmor glm and dont use the floor (smashed too many ornaments over the years ) ;) Get some raw meat down ya.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back