22mm valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B & Q 22mm ball valve with a narrower bore on the exist do these cause the flow of water to slow down ? I am using it with a small inline pump.
Not sure if it's affecting my shower don't want to waste my time fitting a full flow lever valve if it's not going to be a noticeable improvement .
Any views ?

Sponsored Links
Technically the water velocity increases in the smaller bore, but you probably want to know if the total flowrate is reduced, which it is. In most cases that is of little consequence for a single shower flowing less than 20 litre/minute (which is a lot).
My own shower head flows 6 litres/minute and it perfectly adequate.

Technically the water velocity increases in the smaller bore, but you probably want to know if the total flowrate is reduced, which it is. In most cases that is of little consequence for a single shower flowing less than 20 litre/minute (which is a lot).
I did a flow test and mine is 5 litres per minute if I changed for a lever valve then this would not increase my output by a great amount then ?

Tight bastad. . Mine runs at 22 l/min. . Flicking awesome :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links

Tight bastad. . Mine runs at 22 l/min. . Flicking awesome :mrgreen:
What sort of pump you got to achieve that ?
You must have a big tank to keep up with the flow!!

Direct from mains with 100kw plate from a. 300 litre thermal store..

Mira Platinum shower with 22mm feeds.

25mm main through water softener.

Everything is 22mm direct as possible.

I think its always worth checking valves. I looked at a push-fit 22mm iso valve, the actual hole through the middle was 7.8mm!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back