Full Bore connection for water softener

11 Dec 2019
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I wish to replace an exisiting water softener with a new replacement.

My Kinetico 2020c HE has just been read its last rites. Since it was installed I've changed to a combi boiler and the flow has never really been high enough.

I've also discovered that an isolating ball valve in the mains run, and one of the washing machine connections was also not closing or opening fully. I've now replaced the ball valve with a full bore fitting and the (unsoftened) water pressure is much improved, plus I've got some 22mm flexible hoses to run to the new high-flow softener.

However, I cannot find a fitting that will give me a 15mm to 3/4" tee in anything but what looks like narrow bore, which will compromise the water flow. Does such a fitting exist?

If such a product doesn't exist then I'll put a full bore isolating valve on a regular tee, but I'd prefer a one-stop solution.


Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links