24 hour gyms

You may find private pools in a gym don't have supervision, (taking a huge risk in my opinion), but local authorities will always have supervision.

They are scared, (quite rightly), of falling foul of the HSE and the brigade of ambulance chasers should anything go wrong.

Lets be perfectly honest about this. It doesn't matter how good a swimmer you are, you could always have a cramp and, if there is no-one around, then you can get into serious trouble. Even though I swim regularly, (twice a week for about an hour), and I have my gold life savers badge, the staff at the baths where I live will not allow me to swim until the pool attendant is available.

Sponsored Links
This is true Conny. However, the total fitness club that i used to go to had a fixed depth of 0.9 metres which I struggle to see would be of such extreme danger. :confused:

I agree Conny - I too swim twice a week, and we don't swim without guards being present. The "we" being lane upon lane of county-standard competition swimmers.....

What private gyms do is presumably up to them, and their patrons. Although one can drown in a couple or three inches of water (which has put paid to many a game of rugby union, when the pitch has puddles on it).

I'm surprised that some of the 24 hour warehouse gyms havent utilised/installed any of those small single person pumped pools ( what the deuce are they called?)

These would fit the bill perfectly.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Back