BT's sly and deceitful tactics.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A week ago we had the copper wire stolen from the box in the street that supplies our phone connections. A few of us in the village had no connection for nearly 2 days. I phoned BT on my mobile ( not free on 0800) and after a long time and many menus I got through to an adviser and reported the fault (that I noticed from early in the morning). I was told I would get a discount if the fault lasted more than 24 hours unrepaired. When I phoned to claim this when reconnected I was fobbed off with the " computers are down that deal with this" story. I phoned back a day or so later to be told that, even though I phoned earlier with the initial fault, it didn't count until midnight that same evening, which technicaly put the repair time within 24 hours (even though the fault was reported much earlier and the repair was well over the limit by nearly a day).

The same theft has happened again only a week later and I have lost nearly 2 days connection. I didn't even bother reporting the fault this time as it would have been too costly on my mobile as well as probably being pointless. Surely if they have the fault reported by other people and know exctly when it occured, it is proof enough for me to claim for time lost with nocconection, not to mention no internet for my buisness and the cost of using my mobile.

Can anyone advise where I can go to take this higher as I have lost nearly 4 days.

Also, why don't BT put measures in place to stop this theft. Surely it is costing them more to keep repairing and replacing the wire?

I am very angry with BT as they went back on their word.

Sponsored Links
I don't use my phone anymore for these types of calls.

send a letter for any further contact, recorded is a hell of a lot cheaper than a phone call, then ask/demand they phone you.

Is it ben verwayen (sp) who is chairman of BT? Some forums have his email address banded across every page as an answer to everyones questions about BT (i think its BT anyway)

Sponsored Links
I contacted Ben Verwaayen who said he would look into it for me. I never heard from him again, even after emailing him a second time.

To be fair, I have just had an email from BT informing me that I was not entitled to compensation because it was fixed by the end of the next working day (it wasn't) but as a gesture of goodwill they are refunding me £10.99 plus VAT.

:LOL:

Back