A BT CON

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know someone who changed telephone from bt to virgin media and on the same day has cancelling with bt the phone developed a fault he could ring out but could not recieve calls, rang bt up and they said it would cost £176 to send someone out to repair the fault, it just so happened on the day he said he was changing supplier after neing with bt for more than 30 years but i said stuff you and changed supplier.

Sponsored Links
BT don't charge for genuine fault repairs.

They do warn that they will charge if an engineer is sent on a 'fault' and it turns out to be the customers own phone. That is not a BT fault.

I think you will find that all telephone service providers do the same.

They do warn that they will charge if an engineer is sent on a 'fault' and it turns out to be the customers own phone. That is not a BT fault.

the fault as discribed is a classic according to the virgin media engineer it just so happened to the day he decided to change over the fault accord and i bet you work for bt.

Sponsored Links

AND HOW CAN YOU PROVE WHAT IS A GENUINE FAULT.

any competent engineer can blow away a 73 old geezer who is a bit nor here or there how can such elderly defend themselves, it is a known con within the media engineers they told me so. So watch yea grannies bt infested waters are out to get em. another corporate scam

the fault as discribed is a classic according to the virgin media engineer

The fault as described would usually indicate a fault at the customers premises. e.g. faulty socket, internal wiring, or phone although there are other much rarer possibilities. These other possibilities fall into the hands of BTs supplier, do you know who that is?

Personally I think BT (and their supplier) are completely feckless so If I worked for BT do you think I would let you lot know? The shame of it!

dunno about BT

but charter get a bit pi**ed off when you put a shovel throu their cable :oops:

A well-know cable company (who were not too lively) I know threw a wobbly with a customer of mine who was having his drive resurfaced. The builder cut through his cable cable (IYKWIM) & the company reckoned it was down to the customer to pay for its repair. No way, said the customer, you only buried it 2" under...

That customer was an employee of the cable supplier concerned.

Shakes head in disbelief...

AND HOW CAN YOU PROVE WHAT IS A GENUINE FAULT. Any competent engineer can blow away a 73 old geezer who is a bit nor here or there how can such elderly defend themselves

I think you mean that any competent engineer can blow away any geezer who, regardless of age, is a bit gullible. True, there are more of those in the older age bracket. Nevertheless, regardless of your age, never think for one moment that you have the edge over the aged, in terms of clarity of thought.

Opps sorry.

Apology accepted. Thank you :)

I do think you should be aiming your invective at Openreach. There have been major regulatory changes and BT has been partitioned. Openreach are now the cosily insulated supplier for most providers including BT. The outrageous and extortionate charge for a brief visit on which their engineer may just say "sorry it is your phone" originates with them and they decide if it applies. When a fault is reported , the service providers including BT all have to warn their customers that this may happen.

Sponsored Links
Back