240v ac battery charger from China

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help me locate a 240v ac charger for my grandsons wee electric car? I have tried several models but none fit the connection point on the car. The model no. of the original charger is yza-d6120j-240 made in China. The original charger plugged directly into the wall socket and the connector point resembled the one I use on my Dell lap top. I did try using my lap top charger and it fitted bu the after a few seconds on the charge it blew the fuse! The car was bought second hand and has no make or model numbers anywhere. Genuinely appreciate any advice anyone could offer. x

Sponsored Links
Do you know what voltage and current you require for the car? This is the most important thing. Get the right voltage charger or an adjustable one and then change or get someone else to change the connection plug.

Sponsored Links
Most laptop power supplies are well over 17Volts, typically 19V and rated at around 5 amp! A likely power to blow the fuse on a childs' toy car which may be using a small sealed lead acid battery of 12V and probably about 7amp hour to 14amp hour.

I hope you have not damaged any charge control circuit if there was one in there, other than that you probably need a 13.8V regulated battery charger, that Maplin sells as well.

Back