240v smoke detector advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im going to put in new smoke detectors, one down stairs landing and one up stairs, i thinking from a 6A mcb with 1.5 twin&e to 1st smoke then 3core to 2nd would that comply with the regs? also what detector would be recommended ? or dose that not matter

Sponsored Links
smoke detectors are most common, why not wire individual ones from the lighting cct

I'd go for what you say and possibly add a combined heat/smoke detector in kitchen link all 3 with 3core and earth. Grey core sleeved in blue to indicate neutral and black core for interlinking

If you have a spare way on CU put them on their own circuit

And not on the RCD side if its a split board.

Sponsored Links
DESL said:
I'd go for what you say and possibly add a combined heat/smoke detector in kitchen link all 3 with 3core and earth. Grey core sleeved in blue to indicate neutral and black core for interlinking

If you have a spare way on CU put them on their own circuit

I dissagree

smoke detecor in the kitchen you must be joking

own mcb, flase alarm :idea: i 'll turn off the mcb

OK Breezer I see you arguement and I should read what I type a heat detector is recommended for kitchen when there is an opening to a hall or stariway.

Part B1 recommends interlinked mains with battery back up
It all states 'on own circuit or regularly used lighting circuit on non RCD of CU'

the "or " part is a better option, but you can't interlink them if on 2 differnt ccts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back