26mb at the meter

these are questions I don't need to answer... I am a qualified Gas engineer. I work under a company umbrella so for me to register myself would be a waste of money. I would see no benefit from it.

No you don't need to answer to which I didn't say you did , can't see why you wouldn't disclose your training but hey ho.

There are few guys working under a company umbrella that are members of the CC.

If we have met before then "how are you doing?" :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
these are questions I don't need to answer... I am a qualified Gas engineer. I work under a company umbrella so for me to register myself would be a waste of money. I would see no benefit from it.

No you don't need to answer to which I didn't say you did , can't see why you wouldn't disclose your training but hey ho.

There are few guys working under a company umbrella that are members of the CC.

If we have met before then "how are you doing?" :mrgreen:

we wont have met unless you've been up to our HQ ;)

but im doing good thanks... how about you?

Do you know how they've arranged it? I did email admin but got no reply...

I'm working for a company and not registered on my own it's no problem Piers just input company had safe no and the engineer one on the card and hey presto it's not rocket science!

I'm working for a company and not registered on my own it's no problem Piers just input company had safe no and the engineer one on the card and hey presto it's not rocket science!

+1
26mb :eek:

Sponsored Links
no im not registered... im qualified but in my line of work its not worth me paying the registration fee...

What line of work would that be piers?

Why did you apply for membership for the combustion chamber if not registered?

So you are a qualified gas engineer? , where did you take your training and for how long?

I emailed the moderators/admin to see if I could gain access without being registered as I have the qualifications. This is all irrelevant to you, unless you are the person who allows others in there?

Tell them FA mate, nosy barstewards, they'll want card details next & the size of your boxer shorts, just watch them - that's all I'm saying!!!

Emailed the Mods, Christ they don't read emails. They're pizzed most of the time & if not drinking they're sleeping!!
Believe me mate you don't want to go anywhere near the combustion chamber pot, you don't know what you'd catch!!

Not sure what forum mate, but I've been constantly registered since 2002 (or thereabouts).

I fact due to Gas Safe insisting on pointlessly putting the anniversary of your renewal as the expiration of competency. I shit myself when I saw the card and booked myself in to the nearest core and 4. The centre called a few days before asking why iv was doing it 2 years early.

Then admitted that they had had dozens of engineers do the same and refunded the fees. Our did they jest book me onto a course 6 months before my next due date? I can't engender now.

Still. You get my drift :LOL:

Hey richturd don't worry , you ain't missing much and if you private message me with your phone number then I'm sure I'll do the right thing and fill you in with all the gossip , you are missing out not being registered and it obviously shows regarding your lack of knowledge within the general forum .......are you actually gas registered? are you even qualified? , seems to me you have a long way to go to even contemplate reading threads in the CC let alone posting. :eek:

Not sure what forum mate, but I've been constantly registered since 2002 (or thereabouts).

I fact due to Gas Safe insisting on pointlessly putting the anniversary of your renewal as the expiration of competency. I shit myself when I saw the card and booked myself in to the nearest core and 4. The centre called a few days before asking why iv was doing it 2 years early.

Then admitted that they had had dozens of engineers do the same and refunded the fees. Our did they jest book me onto a course 6 months before my next due date? I can't engender now.

Still. You get my drift :LOL:

You know what Dan; I view the whole ACS qualifications & GSR as the 'badge' or 'medal of honour' that the course cowboys & career change chancers love. The holy grail, for every non-indentured, non-apprenticed ex milkman in the country. So they strive to keep it 'their own little club', and I'm not just talking about the combustion chamber pot, the whole industry has become elitist.

Hey richturd don't worry , you ain't missing much and if you private message me with your phone number then I'm sure I'll do the right thing and fill you in with all the gossip , you are missing out not being registered and it obviously shows regarding your lack of knowledge within the general forum .......are you actually gas registered? are you even qualified? , seems to me you have a long way to go to even contemplate reading threads in the CC let alone posting. :eek:

Ah, I'm flattered at you're interested SM, and a frisson of surprise at your interest in my qualifications & depth of knowledge.
Perhaps, if I offer up some historical facts regarding my former membership of the combustion chamber pot, that may ease your over inquisitive mind a little.
I, under another username was voted out of the aforementioned cc, it was a fair & democratic vote.

Yes, I am GSR Plumber & Heating Engineer, in fact I was CORGI registered even before it was compulsory to do gas work, I even did the old ACOPS, when that was introduced. Does that make me the most insightful, knowledgeable installer in the country? Far from it!
Every day is a Skool day, and thankfully our industry has some wonderful, innovative products that ensures we are never complacent or go to work to repeat the same tasks every day.

As for any of my mistakes or my frequent falls from grace, that's life mate.... ;)

You know what Dan; I view the whole ACS qualifications & GSR as the 'badge' or 'medal of honour' that the course cowboys & career change chancers love. The holy grail, for every non-indentured, non-apprenticed ex milkman in the country. So they strive to keep it 'their own little club', and I'm not just talking about the combustion chamber pot, the whole industry has become elitist.

See, I'm worse than that even - I'm a CCC without the middle C ;).

Got an older Registration number than a lot of people in there though :p

See, I'm worse than that even - I'm a CCC without the middle C ;).

Got an older Registration number than a lot of people in there though :p

Well Dan, if it's lower than my '230' you win a major prize!!! Alas, unlike fine wine, your registration number doesn't improve with age...... ;)

richard out of interest when did you do your acops and how many elements ?

richard out of interest when did you do your acops and how many elements ?

From my poor recollection all of them mate. But if your like me you'll know how simple they were to complete compared to ACS. I think we did it over a weekend & it was a right pizz up too. I think I've done my ACS three times, so it's got to the the 90s??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back