28 mm pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking for a good source of 28mm copper pipe by the meter (cheapest I have seen was 180-00 for 30 meters!) and a suitable bending tool (For wood burning stove boiler thermosyphon)..thanks..pete

Sponsored Links
Have you called any of your local plumbers' merchants and negotiated?

er no..partly coz I'm not much of a negotiator and secondly because I dont have a ball park price in my head apart from the single quote. I was hoping to go online as in general prices seem cheaper, but I will go the plumbers merchant route if I have to...and I havent seen a cheap 28mm pipe bender either although I guess maybe I could hire one (might be the best route given the fact I only have a handful of bends to make and most likely will never use it again)

Sponsored Links
hey...thanks for this...I would never have believed it, but might give it a try...I just dont want to ruin the expensive pipe...do you know anyone who actually uses one of these regularly aside from popeye? (kind of a serious question!)..pete

I'm guessing that doitall would pull a few 35mm sections while waiting for his spinach to cook...

PB12T 2" PIPE BENDER £79.92
12 TONNE ram
FORMERS: ½, ¾, 1, 1¼, 1½ & 2", bends up to 180°
Horizontal or vertical use
56kg

could use one these.

Or these?

2 x
box0520smallkz8.jpg

and some of this:
rope.jpg

I hired a hydraulic bender from the local hire company for half a day when I had some 2" galvanised to bend into an 'S' shape

Our local B&Q has a section of racking labelled 28mm X 3M. I can't remember the price. The only thing in the bay however was a selection of bent and crushed 15 and 22mm. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back