Thermosyphoning... how to stop it!

A lot of the information is all there already.
His system was installed incorretly by a HETAS registered installer and is incapable of correcting his errors.
This is where the term "qualified" becomes a joke.

I don't recall him being Hetas registered, but yes it is a joke. You can have as many letters after your name as you like, it don't make you practical in the field, in fact I would go as far as saying completely the opposite as they can't think outside the box.

And whilst I'm going on, a flapper valve will not stop gravity circulation going the right way, provided it has a long straight vertical run.

Instead of fluffing about with 3d images a simple line drawing with all the information would have been 10 x better.

Sponsored Links
Instead of fluffing about with 3d images a simple line drawing with all the information would have been 10 x better.

Norcon remembers my posts from months ago when it all started to tits up with the install. Yes, the plumber is HETAS registered and it's a current registration, and it is the actual guy who "took" the registration... The kind people at HETAS told me so when I checked him out.

Would a picture be better? ... a thousand words and all that. I has changed since the last pictures were posted, and I think it about to change again soon!

I remember very well indeed and I had my say which you choose to ignore. I'm not surprised at what is happening and I think you will continue to flap your arms in distress and for that reason I am out.

Several pictures would be even better, my emails in my profile.

Sponsored Links
I remember very well indeed and I had my say which you choose to ignore. I'm not surprised at what is happening and I think you will continue to flap your arms in distress and for that reason I am out.

Don't be a chicken post your recommendation from that time.

:cry:

I am caught in the middle here as it were, if I start instructing the plumber saying put this here and put that there; then if or when it doesn't work it becomes MY problem, not his, and I would think the plumber would clap his hands with glee and ride off on his horse into the sunset!
Mind you I still owe him a wodge of money and I think that is the ONLY reason he is still here!

Several pictures would be even better, my emails in my profile.

Pics of installation should be with you now.... hope they show everything clearly. Let me know if you want some more from different angles, closeups etc

Cheers...

Will see if I can upload them into my library...
Ok, all seems to be in the library now... I omitted to label the heat leak rads return, it TEE's into the woodstove return pipe bottm left of the thermal store..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back