2core cable for henry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Traced fault back to a break in negative feed in mains reel. I was going to pop to motor factors for a new length of Black 2 core flex i believe it's about 12metres on the reel, what thickness cable should i be asking for? 1 1.5mm?

TIA

Also do you know if i can get those nice black plugs that have the flexible sheath extending from the plug?

Sponsored Links
What size is on it now?

You won't get a plug like the one thas on it now as they're moulded on to the cable at the factory.

Hve a google for duraplug. They'll be better quality than the moulded one.

There are plugs that are not moulded on that come with a sleeve that goes under the cord grip. Not actually seen them for sale though.

Thought motor factors do automotive stuff? :eek:
Make sure it is rated for mains before you buy!

Sponsored Links
Crikey i meant city electrical factors :oops:

Duraplug yes that's what i was thinking of nice one cheers.

Cable im not sure what thickness it is (only length approx 12m) which is why i was asking, i thought some sparky would know approx what size 2 core would be used on a henry or similar hoover?!

Tia.

I'd go digging up an old, broken Henry for a replacement cable, or make one, before I bought one of the new cables. They're cheap, chinese ones.

Yes mine :) although i feared the worst pulling out the motor assembly, turns out just the flex broken.

Ive had mine since about 96 and on the same brushes etc, motor seemed in pretty good condition considering, oh and the handle snapped so ordered a new one for 7quid last week. Not bad considering the abuse it's had over the years.

I'd go digging up an old, broken Henry

Has anyone ever seen a broken Henry? I thought they were pretty much indestructable.

I've seen cracked bodies and the occasional burnt out motor, but generally they're pretty reliable. Mate of mine has one of the earliest, still runs, but the seals are shot and the clips won't hold the thing together any more. I swapped the cable with the replacement Henry, the original was far better quality.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back