3/4" pipe and 22mm - will it work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have drip coming from a pipe underneath my bath. Don't know why its leaking but discovered it after 2 hours of looking, and finally getting the bath panel off. The bathroom is old and I think the pipe is in imperial, 3/4" and not in metric 22mm. If I cut out the section and clean up and solder a new piece of 22mm pipe with 2 x 22mm straight couplers will this do the trick, or will they not be the right size and leak? do i need special 3/4" pipe and fittings, and if so where are these available from please? Cheers and all the best, Kurt.

Sponsored Links
you can use 22mm compression fittings and change the olive in one end to 3/4".

or buy two solder fittings 3/4" x 22mm.

any plumbers merchant

cheers for advice, will pop down the road after my coffee! how comes 22mm fittings are too big for the old 3/4" size but 15mm fit the old 1/2" size well!... strange. at least i know now what to do and to get the job done without leaks.

Sponsored Links
i didn't know that, but why do 15mm fittings work on old imperial 1/2" but not 22mm fittings on old imperial 3/4" pipes?! strange?...

i have soldered a 22mm on imperial pipe before but the gaps bigger.
13mm is near 15mm than 19mm is to 22mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back