T off 3/4inch pipe using 22mm to 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to T off the main central heating pipes to add another radiator in a utility room.

I cant use compression fittings since the main pipes are touching the underside of the floorboars.

I suspect the pipes are 3/4 inch.

Can I buy a 22mm/15mm/22mm solder T pieces and solder it to the existing pipework? I know with compression you can buy the imperial olives.

I would prefer to use the compression fittings but the pipes are too near the floor boards.

Sponsored Links
Can I buy a 22mm/15mm/22mm solder T pieces and solder it to the existing pipework? I know with compression you can buy the imperial olives.

not if the existing pipe is 3/4"" it will be tooo big
you can get imp to metric adapters tho

here yp1im slip ;)

dazzlerpalmer said:
I need to T off the main central heating pipes to add another radiator in a utility room.

I cant use compression fittings since the main pipes are touching the underside of the floorboars....chop a bit out of the underside of board :idea:

I suspect the pipes are 3/4 inch.

Can I buy a 22mm/15mm/22mm solder T pieces and solder it to the existing pipework? yes but you need 2x 3/4 to 22 adapter couplings
.You`re welcome :LOL:

Thanks for that

Can I cut 3/4inch pipes with a 22mm round pip cutter (forget the make). The type you can spin with one hand?

Sponsored Links
Or you could use compression fittings and just chisel out a little of the underside of the floorboard. Although you'd still need to adapt to 3/4" imperial using converting olives.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back