3 PHASE 32AMP

I don't really want to change any underlying electrics in the house, as we are renting,
So just how did you think you'd be able to connect a 5.8kW appliance?

Do you have an unused cooker circuit?

Have you got room in the kitchen for something the size of a fridge where the cooker would normally go, and if so do you plan for this smoker to become your only cooking appliance? I like kippers and bacon as much as the next man, but I don't think I'd want to live on them all the time.

so any recommendations welcome, so I can start using it ;)
It's the size of a fridge.

It needs converting to single phase.

It needs a supply of at least 25A.

It needs ducting to vent it to the outside.

It's designed to take 50-65kg of meat, or 65-80 fish.

How and why did you plan to use it?

Hi - I bought (foolishly?) a smoker oven
"Foolish" is an understatement.

Sponsored Links
come on now, we have all made mistakes, i went out to buy a picnic set once and came home with a compressor, things like that happen all the time!

So neither this:
Who said they didn't know what I was talking about ?

Ok on the last point I forgot to mention that I was talking about a connected resistive load over 3 phases - not a balanced 3 phase motor.
Yes and maybe I should have mentioned the Neutral, but hey-ho I assumed BAS would know what I was on about. It's Friday Holmslaw - lets not get into a disagreement.....
Nor this:
Are you deliberately trying to start trouble. Please explain what is gibberish about my above statement. If you wish to have a public technical showdown then just say and we can talk technical with all members as onlookers -I don't care. I will admit if I am wrong and I would hope you would too. :confused:
Nor this:
If 'cess' is an electrical term then no I haven't heard of it.

You still haven't answered my question.
got a -ve vote, but I picked one up for just writing this:
I knew what you were talking about....

Does anybody any longer have any doubts that holmslaw is seriously deranged?

Sponsored Links
was that aimed at my previous post, if so i think you may have misunderstood me, I was defending the OP's spontaneous purchase of a smoker, tbh if i came across one at a good price and had to decide there and then, i may end up with alot of explaining to do at home. As for holmslaw, I am not wasting my time, it is clear he is only after an arguement.

If a motor is connected in star you can connect the neutral to the star point if you wish,

And it will go BANG.

No, it wont. As Spark123 rightly states, connecting the neutral to the star point will serve no purpose, but nor would it do any harm. As there are three identical loads, the neutral currents will sum to zero.

So how exactly would you connect the neutral to the star point? 99.999999999% of 3 phase motors have 6 possible connection points, they are the ends of the three windings. So where exactly would you connect the neutral?

Have you ever seen a 3-phase motor in star configuration in your life? One end of each of the three windings will be connected by means of some form of link, in many cases a brass or copper bar. This is the star point, and a neutral can also be connected here should you so desire.

come on now, we have all made mistakes, i went out to buy a picnic set once and came home with a compressor, things like that happen all the time!

lol :) , i know what you mean. I once went to the shop for a pint of milk and some bread and i inadvertently bought 8 pints of stella from a pub adjacent to the shop.

I was happy about it, but Mrs. Faradayski wasn't. I couldn't understand the nature of her dismay? ( having said that, at the time, i couldn't understand how to take my shoes off without falling over :confused: some people?)

Yes, it would work, just not use to stupid solutions.

Not a stupid solution, just basic ac electrical theory.

Its an extremely stupid solution to use four cables when you only need three.

Are you ready to leave it here......?

Whats 'it' ?[/quote]

Noone said anything about using 4 cables. It was just theory.....

"it" as in your persistant search for anomalies in my postings which obviously everyone except you understood which is just confirming your lack of understanding on the most basic of 3 phase ac theory....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back