3 phase on domestic installation certificate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it allowed or must it be on a commercial certificate?

Sponsored Links
Thanks. What if the certificate has no phase rotation test box to check

Write it in the notes or attach as a separate sheet.

Sponsored Links
Be wary of phase rotation I have been caught out. I went to a factory installed a three phase socket put my phase rotation meter on it corrected and drove to next job.
Only to be told saw going backward.
Every socket in the place was wrong except mine. Yes and tell the owner that and get him to believe you. It was a lesson learnt and after that always matched rotation rather than get it right way around.
To note "phase direction opposite to convention" is OK but to note "Phase direction wrong way around" even if they really mean the same is not advised.

Learn from my mistake. If no box then I would not even mention it.

Thanks to all that replied.
It is not me completing the form, i have instructed the work and was un sure as to correct form being given me.

Be wary of phase rotation I have been caught out.
I've seen equipment where not everything inside the same box was wired the same !
Industrial chiller unit, 3off fans, 3off compressors. The whole site (it's where I used to work) has reversed phasing somewhere, and so stuff ran backwards when the unit was being commissioned. They set to just swapping two wires for each motor (manually pushing in contactors one at a time to check each one) - but one motor was actually running correctly, the other five needed swapping round. Makes you wonder about the tests done (or not) at the factory :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back