3 port diverter valve motor replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys and Gals,

I currently have a three port diverter valve on my central heating system, its a SIEMANS MA-V322C, it seems the motor is playing up as the motor makes a horid clicking noise when trying to open and adjust the vavle.

I can remove the motor and manually open and close the valve to allow use of the heating or hot water as required.

Ive found a replacement motor valve kit, howver the replacement only come with a two wire connection. and the old one has a three wire connection, one is an earth wire, but the new one doesnt have this.

The old motor is a 230-240V AC 50Hz 6w and the new is a 230V 50Hz 5w. I cant see that being a propblem, but im concerned about the missing hearth.

The new motor has the two wires to "Spade" conectors, and the old has a triangular molded plug with each connector to each corner.

Any advice on best practice to replace this would be great... Should i look out for a motor kit with a earth? and im thinking ill be fine to connect the "Spade connectors" to the wires coming from the molded Plug if i cut this clear frm the old motor. Any way appart from metering the wires to tell which connector would be Live/Nutral... or do thee systems work on either polarity?

Hope that all makes sence... I can post pics if required.

Rgds

M.A.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps when the motor is installed in the actuator the motor can't be earthed through the mounting screws (eg on Honeywells etc)...therefore Siemens have added an earth wire for the casing. If this is the case then replace the complete actuator.....Siemens RMH. I suppose you could add the earth with an eyelet on a fixing screw......

OK who else has never seen a valve motor with 3 wires.
Done this job for 30 years worked on everty single make (i thought) of valve and have neva saw a motor with an earth attached. so who else has

Sponsored Links
Well, just an update...

I replaced the valve as we needed the heating on....

The new motor just comes with two orange wires... with no indication as to what is what.... ive wired it up, and the heating works....

However......

I get central heating even when i choose hot water on the timer, the valve doesnt seem to want to move down, even tho without the moter i can manualy move and choose hot water or heating... Could the wires be the wrong way?

I can take pics if required....

Rgds

M.A.

Nope the wires dont matter , have you located the cog properly into the rack

The cog and rack do mesh well together....

Im just wondering if there is a position the rack needs to be in prior to meshing? and powering up?

Any ideas?

Many thanks

M.A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back