3 render coats ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve recently refurbished my bungalow. I was told by the builder I needed to hack off all old render (the whole wall coz you wouldn’t get a good finish with patching) as there was a bit of damp between the roof and a concrete overhang over the back door. Used kango to hack off original render - taking at least 1 cm off brick face. It then had scratch and finish coats.
The wall looks horrendous, there are dips and dales all over, looks like bad cellulite! I complained to the builder and he sent pics to the sub contractor who agreed it want his usual standard. He said he will render over the wall again. Will all that sand and cement stay on? I’d be grateful for an expert opinion. I’ve had this west facing wall unpainted for months, they said the render is waterproof - I hope so. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
upload_2022-2-17_21-14-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-17_21-10-20.png
    upload_2022-2-17_21-10-20.png
    617.1 KB · Views: 102
Sponsored Links
It is difficult to see in daylight, I know the lights are unforgiving and show everything. So your advice is hack it all off again?

Yes. The level of knowledge and experience is evident. Get someone else to do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back