3 switches for 1 light issue

You could check each WIRE is from each correct CABLE, in case you have mixed some up.

I would be inclined to think you have a faulty switch - you could remove the intermediate switch, and join the two reds in a connector, and the rwo blues in a connector, THEN see if the two 2way switches work correctly.

Sponsored Links
@ebee I've heard that called the california method and being allowed over in the US at one time, but not anymore (rather like neutral fusing over hear I guess and maybe similar time frames?) I've never seen or heard about it being done over here though and I think we were sensible enough that it was never acceptable (doesn't mean no one ever did it though!)

It gets even more interesting when you realise that the L1 and L2 of the switches could be fed from separate circuits, and even more interesting given its a split phase system, someone moves one onto the other side of the supply :D

Actually one thing we should all be mindful of is , electrics is fairly simple you just needs to twist wires together.
Doing electrics safely though is a completely different matter!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back