3 way switch always heading for HW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ideal classic boiler. When I switch the programmer onto CH it does not fire up the boiler so does not warm up the radiators. When I put the programm onto HW the boiler fires up and I have hot water. If I also put the CH on at the same time as the HW then only the water heats up and the radiators remain cold. I managed to push the switch manually on the 3 way mid position valve onto the centre for HW and CH and the radiators do warm up. At this point I get HW and CH.

Last year I replaced the pump. I have now replaced the programmer with a Drayton LP 522 but had the same result the boiler does not fire up on CH is on by itself. I have though about replacing the Drayton room thermostat and also the 3 Port Mid Position Valve.

Any ideas what the problem could be and would renewing any of these 2 items do me any good??

Cheers

Sponsored Links
hi fitz1

Yes i have a have a cylinder stat connected to the cylinder and a Drayton room stat in the living room

check both are operating correctly.turn r/stat up and c/stat down. see if heating works

Sponsored Links
I turned the r/stat up and c/stat down but the boiler did not fire up on the CH or the HW. When I turned the c/stat back up the pump started up and so did the boiler. Could it be a fault in the r/stat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back