32amp hot tub wiring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

I am looking at running a 32amp hot tub, would just like to be clear of everything I need. Can anyone tell me if I might need anything else.

It will use its own 32amp MCB in the house consumer unit.

Running 6mm armoured SWA cable to a 3 pole 32amp rotary isolation switch 2meters away from the hot tub. Then 6mm armoured swa cable to the hot tub.

I have seen some people use a 32amp Matt:E SP-EVCP-T 1PH. Is this needed or not?

And just for anyone interested I will test the circuit, I have a multifunction tester... i am no electrician but I'm partial to a fused spur or 2.

Hope someone can help

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Water + Electricity = Use a qualified electrician!

By all means lay the cable yourself in agreement with your electrician but as for all the other questions you asked, you don't need to know the answers as your electrician will deal with all of that (y)

You'll forgive us if we raise an eyebrow:

I have a fluke multi function tester for when I install fused spurs for alarm systems and filling out the minor works. Doesn't mean I know all the rules and regs for installing a 32amp cable for a hot tub... dont worry. I forgive you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back