32GB memory card

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bought microsd card for my phone - tried to copy everything from 8GB one in phone to 32GB one but when it gets to video files (mp4) it just crashes my PC (running XP)

Happened on 2 PCs, can copy files ok to hard drives of PCs, deleted from 8GB and copied back ok but unable to copy to 32Gb, get blue screen then it crashes. After restarting it says windows encountered an error and needs to close

Sponsored Links
yea tried one file at a time and when it get certain files it just crashes PCs, these files are fine copying to 8GB memory card and hard drive of PC

tried 2 different PCs same thing happened, tried memory cards in phone and in card reader - 8GB no problems 32GB crashes

Sponsored Links
Is it a possibilty my old XP machine can't handle the 32GB card

tried again last night copied loads of audio files to the 32GB card fine tried video and it just crashed

copied exactly same video files to my 8GB fine

how is it formatted, is it FAT32 of NTFS?

fat32

I formatted on phone then connected phone via usb copied one file at a time, got to DCIM and it crashed PC, reformatted and started again leaving out DCIM, got to music, crashed again, formatted again and copied all files leaving out DCIM and music and it copied rest, when I stopped it and removed from PC went to check files and they had all gone into Lost.dir folder which I believe means they were corrupt

I did this back and forward for 4 hours on Thursday, all files (including DCIM and music) copied fine to my 8GB card, a 2GB card and 2 PCs

I bought it on Ebay and asked for replacement or refund and seller refused either so I opened a dispute, he again refused either, I left negative feedback and he asked me to have a think and change feedback

Thanks for all your suggestions and help

I have a theory.

Maybe if you install a codec for MP4 format, lets say VLC player, reboot and try again.

I'm guessing windows and antivirus are trying to find to associated files in real time to run said program to run.

Just a hunch ??

Dan.

I have a theory.

Maybe if you install a codec for MP4 format, lets say VLC player, reboot and try again.

I'm guessing windows and antivirus are trying to find to associated files in real time to run said program to run.

Just a hunch ??

Dan.

Already have vlc installed on both pcs i tried

Sponsored Links
Back