32mm shallow trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting a bidet with a 32mm waste. There is only 100mm of space between the waste and the floor so even a shallow bottle trap doesn't fit.
I thought it would be a simple matter to use the same style of trap as baths but cannot find a 32mm shallow trap in my local outlets.

What am I missing?!

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
What am I missing?!
It's a bidet, which will have an 11/4" waste. Baths are 11/2".

Possible solution: Screw an 11/2" x 11/4" brass bush onto bidet waste, screw shallow bath trap onto that. Lashings of PTFE tape.

Or cutting a hole in the floor under the trap.

A shallow trap (if you can get one to fit) won't give the depth of seal required for a soil appliance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the suggestions

I will prob try the adaptor trick. Cutting the waste would be touch and go. need to find at least 30 mm for even the shallow bottle trap and not sure I have that to play with.

Just surprised at the problem. Bought the bidet out of a shop- its not an import from strange lands- so surprised that fitting is an engineering exercise!
Oh well!
Thanks again.

Take the advice given. Use a p trap. A shallow trap will not give the depth of seal and is you are likely to lose the water in the trap seal when another appliance is used. This will allow foul gases into the room. Believe it or not, the regulations are there for a reason.

The gap between the waste and the floor is only 100mm. I bought a P trap before I realised this and it is nowhere near fitting.
If there was room for a P trap I wouldn't have a problem! :)

In that case I would return to the shop where you bought the bidet or contact the bidet manufacturer and ask them to supply you with the correct trap to fit that complies with the regulation that a soil appliance such as a bidet should have a minimum trap seal depth of 75mm. The problem is that many suppliers source goods from overseas cheaply without considering the type of problem you're experiencing.

Geberit do a bidet trap 151-108-11-1 plastic or 21-1 chrome.

McAlpine also do bibet traps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back