32mm solvent weld tank connector - what size hole to drill..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im hoping someone will be able to offer me some help here - im a tropical fishkeeper and have drilled many tanks for overflows with a diamond holesaw. I now have a requirement to go to a larger size to accommodate a 32mm solvent weld tank connector - the outside diameter of the threads that will push through the drilled hole is 41mm .... thus far I have only been able to find 40mm or 45mm holesaws. 40mm is clearly too small and the 45mm is going to be a bit sloppy I fear - can anyone tell me what size hole I should drill to fit this 32mm solvent weld tank connector...

Thank you

Bungy

Sponsored Links
you can get a 42mm hole saw or use a 41mm and go round the hole with a half round file.

Brilliant - 42mm Holesaw is perfect for this job then but ive been having problems finding that size - any idea where I can get one please?

Bungy

Sponsored Links
Ah, this type of holesaw is for wood and the like - im after the diamond core drill for glass and tile.....??

theirs quite a few on ebay from english suppliers.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
THATS THE FELLA.....brilliant - ok so now I know they are out there, I just need to find a UK outlet to get one by this weekend.....!!!!!!

You are a star thank you so much.

Bungy

Done deal - found one on e-bay - delivered hopefully by the weekend.
Thanks again for your help.
Bungy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back