3A Control Switch Plate Question (fan/fuse/light) - Cannot find replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my house was built in 2004 so not old. However, on the wall outside the bathroom we have a switch that is a Scolmore and has SW310 31/32 B inside. It has a fan switch, a fuse in the middle and a light switch. The light switch has snapped off.

The nearest I can find anywhere to this is the Scolemore PRW291 3A FCU Module, DP Switch & DP Fan Switch (Linked). Although it in different order I think I will be able to wire this up OK if I could get hold of one.

Cant for the life of me track one down? Tried to phone scolmore and no answer so have emailed (no reply as yet) and tried so many stores online I'm tearing my hair out. Are there any alternatives or can you recommend any suppliers that may have it.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 548
  • IMG_0603.JPG
    IMG_0603.JPG
    136.8 KB · Views: 537
Sponsored Links
You won't get a new one like that. All now replaced by newer style ones.

As you have discovered, you ail be best buying a new set of grid switches and rewiring it.

Thanks. Looks like I will have to call an expert in. Any idea on cost to do this sort of thing so I have some ideas before I start?

Managed to source what I need and track down a the Scolemore PRW291 from Electrics2go.co.uk.

Sponsored Links
Excellent.

You have a lot of red and black wires in there.
Before you start, make some numbers up and sselotape one on each wire. Take a photo so you can see where they were located.
Then transfer them one at a time to the new set of switches.

It will save you a lot of heartache that way.

PS. Make sure you use the same size fuse in the new fuse holder. The new one will come with a 13A fuse, but I expect your one will be smaller than that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back