Replacing Utility Room exhaust fan FCU switch with FCU with override

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an exhaust fan which is connected to a 2 core FCU switch. I replaced the FAN (because it didn't suck anything). with a fan that has a timer and humidity control. My thought was rather than have it run all of the time it would run when it was humid. This is in the Utility/Laundry room. Turns out. Its not that humid in there at least not so far as to trip the sensor that I have as low as I can get it. This is an envirovent Silent 100 HT fan.

Anyway, moving along. I want a way to override the fan to just have it on. The fan has a L,N,Ls connection with the Ls (normally connected to a light I imagine) so that if you turn on the light it just comes on.

I don't have a light wired to this and I'm not sure if I want to bother having a Ls line run all the way from the actual light switch which is on the other side of the room.

So my bright idea was to get get one of these.

Scholemore PRW291 3A FCU Module, DP Switch & DP Fan Switch (Linked).

And use the FAN switch as the isolator and the other switch as the override to just turn the fan on when I want it.

I somewhat feel I probably don't need the FCU but I was mostly just replacing what I have with something. Anyway here are my hand at wiring it up and I have come up with 2 ideas.. which is better or how should I be wiring it if I'm totally wrong. Thanks in advance.

SwitchV2.jpg
SwitchV1.jpg
IMG_8369.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks. That was the one I thought was correct. Glad to get a confirmation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back