3rd bedroom extension over carport

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 1930's semi 3rd bedroom was extended back in the 70's, the extension has a carport underneath. The underside of the extension floor joists /carport ceiling has what I believe to be asbestos sheet attached with no insulation. What's the modern alternative in this types of installation today, I thought 18mm marine ply with kingspan above.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There are various other fibre cement based boards but have a look at Econic Board which is a cheap MgO board which will do for fire resistance

Econic General Purpose Sheathing Board 1200mm x 2400mm in 9mm or 12mm (ecomerchant.co.uk)

Or a cement chipboard product such as Cement Particle Boards 10mm & 12mm | Building Materials but check the manufacturers literature for suitability and thickness needed.

More traditional boards are calcium silicate and are branded as either Masterlux or the very expensive Supalux

Be mindful of thicknesses required and weights - for the loads and handling/fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back