4 bedroom TV's on one aerial ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a TV in each of our four bedrooms and one aerial in the loft.

I did have a six way booster but this has failed twice. Do I have to use a booster or can I do it another way, to use this aerial with four TV's. The area I'm in has a very good signal for various channels (8 in total).

My main TV downstairs has its own outside aerial.

Sponsored Links
my set up ariel in attic triple booster in bedroom below [2beds and downstairs]downstairs setup into a second single booster then looped via digibox vidio1 then 2 then distributed unboosted to front room kitchen beds 1 2 and3
then a further booster the 40ft to my workshop
all the boosters are in excess of10 years and never turned off [all labgear from argos or index]

picture does start to suffer if you use cheap coax or distance to great
also avoid arial cable near mains cable

Sponsored Links
You could just distribute the signal using simple passive splitters (I think you will need to use 3 x 2-way splitter, as I have never seen a 4-way). The signal is going to be slightly less than a quarter of the original at each TV but given that you live in a strong signal area this might be strong enough.

The only way that you will know whether it is strong enough or not is to try it and see.

I have never had a booster/distributor fail & like bigall bought from Argos. Only ever bought 2 one for each house & leave permantly on. Maybe you are just unlucky

I have never had a booster/distributor fail & like bigall bought from Argos. Only ever bought 2 one for each house & leave permantly on. Maybe you are just unlucky

:!: :!: Strange that double post, as I hit the submit button twice, get message that says, 'I cant post as I just have', then it posts. ;)

crafty1289 said:
What are these 8 channels you can recieve then?

BBC1, BBC2, ITV, CH4, CH5, BBC1 Wales, ITV1 Wales and BBC2 Wales.
I dont bother with S4C (Welsh speaking). I can sometimes pick up BBC1 South West with a reasonable picture.

Like I said, I'm in a good signal area. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back