4 outlets 2 cables.

G

gaswizzard

Have a box on the wall (moved house) that has 4 outlets , these being sat1/sat2/ariel/fm , sat1 gives the sky+ box a signal as does sat2 (all FTA channels) , arial outlet is working for TV (havn't tried FM) , out of the back of box is two cables , how would two cables supply all 4 oulets? , what is the FM socket for? radio?

Not contacted sky yet so card inactive but as said I get all free channels on both sat1 and sat2 , does this mean when I subscribe to sky I will recieve playback/record due to the two sat sockets working? , or are they just linked together in the socket outlet :confused: ?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
two cables should mean two separate satellite feeds, so you will be able to use Sky+ or similar for simultaneous live viewing and recording.

The sat/tv/fm signals are mixed onto one cable, and electronics in the faceplate separate them out to the different sockets.

But you can't [1] get two sat feeds down one cable, so you need two cables.

[1] Special equipment which isn't usually recommended, can.

Sponsored Links
Simple you get out what you put in. As said to connect to 2 LNB's except for very special can't get two signals down same cable as both on same frequency.

But using filters you can combine and separate SAT, TV, DAB and VHF radio together the separate again. However you will not for example get a DAB signal if there is no aerial feeding it into the cable in the first place. The splitter box tends to be a standard box with all outputs so likely will say FM (or VHF) even where it is not being fed into the coax.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back