Adding Phono sockets to a screened quad outlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all.

I've added SAT1/SAT2/TV/DAB\FM screened socket outlets around the house and have recently decided to run cables for audio speakers.
I was thinking of mounting pairs of phono sockets in the corners of the outlet plates, running the speaker cables down the conduit that the SAT1 & SAT 2 cables occupy. The reason for this is, having recently decorated, I want to avoid chopping out another hole in the wall to accommodate an additional back box.

My concern is that of interference, and not having any experience in audio/satellite installations I thought I'd better ask someone who knows better.

The screened cables from all the quad outlets are going to a multiswitch which has a common earth bonding bar, the lug of which I plan to connect to the main earth (via a junction box on a nearby ring circuit). All the F connectors will be crimped.

Given that the coax cables (PF100) are screened and earthed at one end only and the outlets (PSW241) are fully screened, will I have interference problems on either the coax or (unscreened) speaker cables?

Many thanks in advance.

Antony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back