4 zones in mansion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello chaps, as above Question, Do you guys just fit the zone vlvs on the flow
For each zone & wat do you do with the return to stop secondary circulation? Or don't you find you have a problem with secondary circulation. ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If all returns are bought back and commoned together then not a problem , same as you would on a 2 zone.

Hello chaps, as above Question, Do you guys just fit the zone vlvs on the flow
For each zone & wat do you do with the return to stop secondary circulation? Or don't you find you have a problem with secondary circulation. ?

Thanks

There's a few ways of doing it mate; Primary/Secondary Circulation for example; you can do it with a shunt circulation pump for the Primary, & Secondary(not HW system) circulation pumps for the zones. This is/was used a lot on commercial jobs. But LL Headers are the norm now, in the main. All fairly simple stuff, but you wouldn't think it by the way some go on in this forum................ :rolleyes:
But hey it keeps themselves amused, but bores the t.ts off the rest of us............. :LOL: :LOL:
I hope that's some help loon?

Sponsored Links
As long as the cylinder is the last one in, you shouldn't have a problem. (I'm only responsible up to0 eh lever valves ;).

Hi dan, well in my case I have a return from one zone teeing into a return from a separate zone before teeing into the main 28mm return back to the boiler. Will this be ok? Or do each seprate zone require the return to be teed straight back into the main circs ? And no need to worry about HTW return as its right back at the boiler. Thanks pal.

Have you also ever had to fit non return vlvs on these type of systems? I have never done one this big you see..

Nice pal! Problem is this is an existing system the customer wants 4 zones and all the returns T in everywhere! If I was doing a fresh job I would return every zone separate back into main return. But like I said all the returns T into each other before Teeing into main return back. Mmm! ?

Nice pal! Problem is this is an existing system the customer wants 4 zones and all the returns T in everywhere! If I was doing a fresh job I would return every zone separate back into main return. But like I said all the returns T into each other before Teeing into main return back. Mmm! ?

Just ensure the main F&Rs are big enough mate, also if you have no kind of 'shunt' system, as Dan has detailed; be mindfull of the common return or you could get a little of heat migration in the Summer - on HW only. This might not be an issue with an Alpha type circulation pump, but they are serious money for a high head Alpha type circulation pump.
Also, if you can, have all your zone valves in the one location.

Nice work Dan, as always........... ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back